Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sibel Hodge

Sibel Hodge has dual British/Turkish Cypriot nationality, dividing her time between Hertfordshire and North Cyprus. She is a qualified personal trainer, sports and massage therapist, and writes freelance feature articles on health, fitness, and various lifetyle subjects. Prior to this, she also worked for Hertfordshire Constabulary for ten years.
Her first novel, Fourteen Days Later, was short listed for the Harry Bowling Prize 2008 and received a highly commended by the Yeovil Literary Prize 2009. It is a romantic comedy with a unique infusion of British and Turkish Cypriot culture. Written in a similar style to Sophie Kinsella and Marian Keyes, Fourteen Days Later is My Big Fat Greek Wedding meets Bridget Jones. My Perfect Wedding is the sequel to Fourteen Days Later, although it can be read as a standalone novel.
The Fashion Police is her second novel and was a runner up in the Chapter One Promotions Novel Competition 2010 and nominated Best Novel with Romantic Elements 2010 by The Romance Reviews. It is a screwball comedy-mystery, combining murder and mayhem with romance and chick-lit - the first in a series featuring insurance investigator, Amber Fox. Written in a similar style to Janet Evanovich and Harlan Coben, The Fashion Police is Stephanie Plum meets Myron Bolitar. Be Careful What You Wish For is the second Amber Fox mystery.

Interview with Sibel:

What are your favorite humor books?

--I loooove screwball comedy so I my favourite kinds of books would be Janet Evanovich kind of quirky, screwball, sarcastic humour. I grew up with Monty Python and Fawlty Towers - you can't beat a bit of crazy comedy!

How much of your humor is based on real life experiences?

--Oh, God, loads! I'm not telling which bits, though, for fear I might incriminate myself!

Do you feel being digitally epublished allows you to be more creative with your writing choices?

--Absolutely, it gives authors an opportunity to be unique, rather than writing something that publishers think will sell.

If they made a movie out of one of your books, what actors would play the main characters?

--Someone like Sandra Bullock or Katherine Heigl.

If people judged your books by their covers, what hijinks would they miss out on?

--A lot of screwball comedy, farcical situations, quirky characters, and witty sarcasm.

What's the funniest part of your everyday life?

--Socializing with some of my crazy friends and family. Especially when the pics end up on Facebook! Life's too short not to have fun whenever you can.

If www.theonion.com wrote a fake headline about your life, what would it be?

--Sibel Hodge is banned from all supermarkets for dropping everything in a five mile radius!

If you weren't writing humorous books, what would you be doing for a living?

--I'm actually Wonder Woman in my spare time, so I'm always out saving the world from dastardly demons.

Why don't you think there's more humorous books out there?

--I don't know. The great thing for me about humour is it's a fantastic way to de-stress from our hectic, modern lives.

What's next for your fans?

--I've got a new chick lit novel coming out before Xmas called The Baby Trap. Then I'll be working on the next in my chick lit comedy mystery series featuring feisty insurance investigator Amber Fox.


Fourteen Days Later
Amazon
Amazon UK











My Perfect Wedding
Amazon
Amazon UK










The Fashion Police (Amber Fox Mystery)
Amazon
Amazon UK











Be Careful What You Wish For (Amber Fox Mystery)
Amazon
Amazon UK











How to Dump Your Boyfriend in the Men's Room (and other short stories)
Amazon
Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment