Saturday, October 29, 2011

Micki Street

Interview with Micki:

What are your favourite humour books?
--Kathy Lette, P.G. Woodhouse

How much of your humor is based on real life experiences?
--Quite a bit really. Being in the tourism industry for a while was quite an education. Especially dealing with the elderly. What I love about them is that they don’t have a care in the world while on holiday – or give a damn what people think of their actions.

Do you feel being digitally epublished allows you to be more creative with your writing choices?
--Absolutely. Being digitally epublished gives me the privilege of sharing my writing.
If they made a movie out of one of your books, what actors would play the main characters?Oh definitely Susan Saradon, Dawn French and Merrill Streep with hunky Tom Selleck.

What should readers expect from a Micki Street book?
--A fun light-hearted read and a good laugh with my glamour grannies (sexy-agenarians).

If people judged your books by their covers, what hijinks would they miss out on?
--My writing at the present is about my three characters Dotty, Nora and Wilma, who get into needless trouble and come up with ridiculous theories to get out of it.

What's the funniest part of your everyday life?
--Indulging in a long bath in the evenings thinking of my next plot, burst out laughing (yes my husband does think I have lost the plot) and rushing to write it down. If I don’t, I’ll have a mature moment and forget.

If www.theonion.com wrote a fake headline about your life, what would it be?
--Micki Street reaches the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro (I think not!)

If you weren't writing humorous books, what would you be doing for a living?
--I would go back into Malawi tourism industry again. This time I would pay more attention to people’s peculiar habits, behaviour etc. and then write about them.

Why don't you think there's more humorous books out there?
--I honestly don’t know. I have read a couple of good humorous books. I enjoyed the Spud collection and of course Jan Hurst-Nicholson. It also depends how one defines humour. What I might think funny, someone else might not. British humour might be different to American, or German humour for that matter.

What's next for your fans?
--Sequel to Before The Daisies Grow which is just about finished. This time they unwittingly get used for diamond smuggling. After that I guess they will be old enough for wheel chair races!



Amazon
Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment