Monday, October 31, 2011

Margaret Sleasman

I have many interests, love reading mystery books, anything about tigers, and grandkids (not particularly in that order). I wrote a Bible study and am pretty much unmoveable in my literal biblical view - so don't try. I am attempting to write a couple mysteries one for adults and one for pre-teens. I edited and published a monthly historical newsletter, "The Pacific Northwest Croatian" for seven years and learned much about my people during that time. I have been writing on Helium since July of 2009. I found the humor section and discovered that humor may be my niche, but my first love is writing Christian articles. I have five grandchildren. I have five children, grown - but not grown up. We have a German Shepherd (Kobe)and a pot-belly pig (Porky). Spent 35 years of my life making concrete lawn ornaments. I am Croatian, my husband is German... a family of stubborn, but silly people. That's about it.

Interview with Margaret:

What are your favorite humor books?
--Dave Barry is definitely at the top of the list.

How much of your humor is based on real life experiences?
--Almost all of it. I write clean humor because the other me writes Bible studies and Christian articles.

Do you feel being digitally epublished allows you to be more creative with your writing choices?
--Yes it does; one reason is I cannot afford to self-publish and unless you are Dave Barry, a traditional publisher does not want to take a chance on you.

If they made a movie out of one of your books, what actors would play the main characters?
--Steve Buscemi and Kathy Bates

What should readers expect from a Margaret Sleasman book?
--To laugh alot.

If people judged your books by their covers, what hijinks would they miss out on?
--Well it is a potbelly pig in a party hat (actually our own pet), but it is a corny cover and not striking, so they might think the book is dumber than it is.

What's the funniest part of your everyday life?
--Watching my husband do something stupid that he thinks is smart.

If www.theonion.com wrote a fake headline about your life, what would it be?
--A Crazy woman who lived way too long.

If you weren't writing humorous books, what would you be doing for a living?
--I used to make concrete lawn ornaments, but being as old as I am, anything that requires movement is out of the question.

Why don't you think there's more humorous books out there?
--A lot of humor flops and it is not that it isn’t funny, it is just that one person’s humor is not the same as another person’s so it is a pretty hard sell.

What's next for your fans?
--I am working on a teen mystery set in the mid 1950's; mostly because the mid 50's is where my brain resides.


Twenty Funny Stories -- Book 1
Amazon
Amazon UK











Twenty Funny Stories -- Book 2
Amazon
Amazon UK











Twenty Funny Stories -- Book 3
Amazon
Amazon UK











Twenty Funny Stories -- Book 4
Amazon
Amazon UK











Twenty Funny Stories -- Book 5
Amazon
Amazon UK











Twenty Funny Stories -- Book 6
Amazon
Amazon UK

1 comment:

  1. I changed my book covers to a laughing tiger; does not look quite so tacky.

    ReplyDelete