Saturday, October 29, 2011

Lisa Lim

Lisa Lim is the author of chick lit novel Confessions of a Call Center Gal. She holds a journalism degree from the UW-Madison and is a former Copy Editor and Technical Writer for a software company. She is also an ex-call center gal. To learn more, follow Lisa on Twitter: LisaLim8 or you can visit her blog:
http://confessionsofacallcentergal.blogspot.com

Interview with Lisa:

What are your favorite humor books?
--Politically incorrect humor. Chelsea Handler is my queen bee, so I love all her books, namely Are You There Vodka, It’s Me Chelsea and My Horizontal Life (Chelsea autographed my copy! Squeee!) Viva la Chuy Bravo! I’m also a huge fan of The Office and I’ve just inhaled Mindy Kaling’s book, and it has now taken its spot at the top of my favorites list. Along with [crap] My Dad Says and The Princess and The Penis.

How much of your humor is based on real life experiences?
--Too much.

Do you feel being digitally epublished allows you to be more creative with your writing choices?
--Furr shore! I don’t have to worry about offending anyone; I can just write without being censored, and that, in a way allows my creative juices to flow.


If they made a movie out of one of your books, what actors would play the main characters?
--Good question. I made a YouTube video of my dream cast a while back. You can check it out here

What should readers expect from a Lisa Lim book?
--A one-two-three punch of hilarity, heart and crassness.

If people judged your books by their covers, what hijinks would they miss out on?
--To quote one of my readers: a chock full of bons mots.

What's the funniest part of your everyday life?
--My dogs eat their own poo.

If www.theonion.com wrote a fake headline about your life, what would it be?
--Lisa Lim, author of Confessions of a Call Center Gal, is actually a Call Girl who gives explosive orgasms.

If you weren't writing humorous books, what would you be doing for a living?
--I’d still be working at the blasted call center. The best part about writing a humorous book is that I’ve been able to quit my job and give them the finger.

Why don't you think there's more humorous books out there?
--It’s subjective.

What's next for your fans?
--I’m working on a novella with my niece. It’s a YA humorous book that will be out in December, and it’s called My Mormon Crush, My Dog Eats Poo.
And next year, I plan on writing a sequel to Confessions of a Call Center Gal. It’ll be a chick lit comedy about climbing the corporate ladder . . . in a call center.


Confessions Of A Call Center Gal
Amazon
Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment